Ellistown: St Christopher, Ellistown
- About Us
- Find Us
- Contact Us
- Services and Events
- Features and Facilities
- More Info
St Christopher’s, Ellistown has a small frinedly congregation, a relaxed atmosphere and a warm welcome for everyone who comes to worship. There is an informal service of Holy Communion on three Sundays ( 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday) each month at 11.15am and Messy church on the first Sunday of the month in the afternoon at 3.00pm.
St Christopher’s is one of three churches in the parish (see links to the other two on the right of this page.) It was originally built in 1895 to serve the newly established mining community of Ellistown.
Today the church is rediscovering it’s role in the village through a variety of community activties and outreach events. We are also planning to restore as this distinctive red brick building which is in the process of being given a new lease of life. The rector is Rev’d Olwen Woolcock. Olwen can be contacted using the information found on the ‘contact us’ tab.
Mid week events:
- A monthly afternoon social with games, quizzes, refreshments and singing. Local people as well as church members are making new friends in this group. Last Wednesday of the month at 2.00pm.
- Coffee Morning on Third Thursday at 10.00am after the mid week communion service.
- Afterschool club for ages 8-11 at 3.15pm each Thursday in term time.
- Afterschool Club for 11+ at 4.15pm each Thursday in term time.
- A monthly community cinema afternoon on the third Saturday of each month at 3.00pm. The film is free.There is a small charge for refreshments. The film is suitable for families with children.
- Messy Church. Church for families on the first Sunday of the month at 3.00pm.
Other groups and activities as arranged.
You are seeing this message instead because your browser has not loaded the program code to produce the map.
This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
12 Grange Road
- Regular Services
The current editor is: Olwen Woolcock