Lt. Waldingfield, St Lawrence, Little Waldingfield, Sudbury
- About Us
- Find Us
- Contact Us
- Services and Events
- Features and Facilities
- More Info
The Church of St Lawrence, Little Waldingfield is part of a group of friendly and welcoming rural village churches, known as the Box River Benefice, which also includes: St Mary, Boxford; St Mary the Virgin, Edwardstone; St Bartholomew, Groton; and All Saints, Newton.
Across the group of five churches we try to provide a mix of services, including:
- A monthly informal family Café Church service at Boxford on the first Sunday of the month. Children are especially welcome to this service.
- Mid-week informal short communion services on Wednesdays, which are followed by coffee and time for a chat. These are held in Mary's House, which is a delightful church-owned cottage in the centre of Boxford village, a couple of doors away from the Post Office. It is also open to anyone on the other weekday mornings for tea or coffee for a small donation. More information is available in the link in the Pages and Links sidebar to the right.
- Mid-morning Sunday services, one or two each week, one in Boxford on the first to the third Sundays and on the fouth Sunday of alternate months, one in Newton on the fourth Sunday, and one on the first, second and third Sundays in one of the other three churches. These services are in modern language and are usually followed by refreshments.
- Choral Evensong once a month, and Matins on alternate months, in traditional language, are held at St Mary's Church.
- An 08:00 Book of Common Prayer communion service, which is also held monthly at St Mary’s Church throughout the year and monthly at one of the other four churches in the Benefice on a rotating basis during the months April to September.
Boxford has a robed choir and an active team of bellringers, both of which welcome new people, whether adults or young people, and training can be given in bellringing. The choir sings at all main services, except the informal family service. Mid-morning services normally last about an hour, family services a little less, and early morning services last about 40 minutes.
If you are new to the Village and come to one of our services, please do make yourself known to a sidesperson so that you can be properly welcomed.
Details of all the current month's church services, together with information about other church and village events, are available online in the pages of the local Village Newspaper, the Box River News. Please see the link in the Pages and Links sidebar to the right. A copy of the current month's Service Rota for the Benefice can also be found in the Pages and Links sidebar to the right.
You are seeing this message instead because your browser has not loaded the program code to produce the map.
This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
- Special Events
- Regular Services
- Other Events
The current editor is: Judith Sweetman