Wilmington lies on the northern edge of the South Downs along with a number of other villages just south of the main A27 Eastbourne to Lewes road. The church and some of the Priory still exist and within the churchyard sits an old Yew tree which is felt to be over 1600 years old. The major attraction of the village is "The Long Man" a chalk figure which sits on the downs above the village, this is accessible by parking in the Car Park near the church and walking up the hill.
Our magazine accepts advertising, contact us for details
For Genealogical Enquiries the local Diocesan Record Office is:
Churches in our Parish or Benefice