St. Paul, Nork (West Banstead, Nork & Epsom Downs)
The Church of St Paul's is situated right at the heart of Nork & Epsom Downs, most of which is part of the Borough of Reigate and Banstead. The area is very leafy with many 1920/30's properties. The church, Vicarage and Halls are centered in the historic Nork 'Round Wood'. The parish is situated between Epsom Downs and Banstead Woods, and actually straddles three Boroughs, Reigate & Banstead (to the east) and Epsom (to the west) as well as the London Borough of Sutton (to the north). The church on Warren Road is right at the geographical heart of the parish. The origin of the name 'Nork' in old english is 'Nook', meaning secluded, or corner. It was also a meeting point on the original trade routes from London South and west to east.
For Genealogical Enquiries the local Diocesan Record Office is:
Surrey History Centre
For Parish enquiries please contact:
Please contact the Parish Office
St Pauls Church, Warren Road, Nork, Banstead, SM7 1LG. 01737 353849.
Churches in our Parish