Christ Church Waltham Cross
Christ Church is the Anglican Parish Church of Waltham Cross (part of the Cheshunt Team Ministry Group formed in 2008) and the Methodist Church of Cheshunt and Waltham Cross.
The Church was built as a daughter Church to St.Mary's Cheshunt in 1833. Originally it was called "Trinity Chapel" and in 1855 it became a separate parish called "Holy Trinity Church".
In 1974 a Sharing Agreement was entered into with the Methodist Church and the building was renamed "Christ Church". This was one first LEP (Local Ecumenical Partnership) to be set up.
The Anglican Parish is part of the Cheshunt Deanery within the Diocese of St Albans.
We are "modern Catholic" in our Liturgy and Tradition. Vestments, incense and ceremonial are used to enhance our worship. The Eucharist is celebrated daily as are the "offices" of Morning and Evening Prayer. The Blessed Sacrament is reserved in the Lady Chapel and home communion for the sick and housebound is ministered by the Team Vicar and team of Lay Eucharistic Ministers.
The Methodist Congregation are part of the Herts & Essex Border Ecumenical Area (HAEBEA).
The Parish Office
Christ Church Waltham Cros
HERTS EN8 7ED
Tel: 01992 700633
Our magazine accepts advertising, contact us for details
For Genealogical Enquiries the local Diocesan Record Office is:
For Parish enquiries please contact:
Anglican: Cheshunt Team Rector: The Revd Canon John Williams
Tel: 01992 623121
Methodist Minister: Rev'd Barbara Evans-Routley
Tel: 01992 462881
Churchwarden: Mr Michael Fischer
Churchwarden: Mr Peter Hutchinson
Tel: 01992 620361
Methodist Steward: Mrs Sylvia Parker
Tel: 01992 425411
PCC Secretary & Treasurer: Ms Jill Hempleman
Tel: 01279 425251
Website: Mr Michael Fischer
Open: first Saturday of the Month, 10am - Midday
For Banns, Baptism and Wedding Enquiries.
Christ Church Parish Office, High Street,
Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7ED
Tel: 01992 636990
Churches in our Parish