Boxford

About our Parish

Boxford is a busy, thriving village situated in the upper reaches of the valley of the River Box, which flows through the middle of the village centre. Sudbury is six miles distant to the west, Ipswich fifteen miles to the east, and the cathedral town of Bury St. Edmunds twenty miles north. There is a regular bus service connecting the village with Sudbury and Ipswich via Hadleigh.
Three shops, two pubs, and a garage serve the village. There is a very well used Village Hall, which is the venue for meetings of the many local societies and clubs. The village also has its own Doctors' Surgery, which is part of the Hadleigh Health Centre.
St. Mary's Church stands right in the centre of the village, next to Boxford Church of England Primary School, which accommodates around 240 pupils.

Population: 1220


Parish Magazine

The weekly Benefice Newsletter is The New Wine. See also the church pages in the Box River News.

Editor: Christopher Kingsbury edits The New Wine
Contact
Rose Cottage
Sherbourne Street
Edwardstone
Sudbury
CO10 5PD

Tel: 01787 211236

Email: ChrisKingsC@aol.com

For Genealogical Enquiries the local Diocesan Record Office is:

St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocese
Diocesan Office
St Nicholas Centre
4 Cutler Street
Ipswich
IP1 1UQ
Tel: 01473 298500
Fax: 01473 298501
Email: dbf@cofesuffolk.org

There is also the Suffolk County Council Record Office at
77 Raingate Street
Bury St Edmunds
IP33 2AR
Telephone: 01284 741212, 09.00-17.00hrs Mon-Sat.
Email: bury.ro@suffolk.gov.uk


For Parish enquiries please contact:

Priest in Charge
The Revd. Judith Sweetman
Please use the Contact Us tab on our Home Page.

Reader
Christopher Kingsbury
Rose Cottage
Sherbourne Street
Edwardstone
Sudbury
CO10 5PD
Telephone: 01787 211236
Email: chriskingsc@aol.com

Churchwarden
Peter Dilnot
07931 043 926
boxfordwarden@btinternet.com

Assistant to the Churchwarden
Michael Gray
07931 043 926
boxfordwarden@btinternet.com


Churches in our Parish

Boxford, St Mary