Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Astwood Lane, Off School Road, Hanbury, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 4BP
Unusually large country church on site of Ironage Hillfort. Christian Worship since Saxon times. Medieval Naive, Georgian Tower and features Victorian additions.
Peal of 8 Bells dating from 1678. Bells used by BBC Radio 4 for the Archers.
Vernon chapel with notable monuments by Francis Chantrey, Edward Stanton and Christopher Horsenaile.
Nicholson Organ with fine painted case, circa 1860.
Original artist models of the nativity and resurrection panels for the Great Reredous in Liverpool Cathedral by Gilbert & Weingartner.
Musicans Gallery and Gerogian Box Pews.
Exceptional views and toposcope.
Ramped Access and lavatories by arrangement.
Guides including braile, postcards and literature.
Bowbrook News Advertising
Tel: 01527 62794
For Genealogical Enquiries the local Diocesan Record Office is:
The Worcestershire Record Office
Tel: 01905 766351
Richard Riddell Superintendant Registrar
For Parish enquiries please contact:
Tel: 01527 821443
Bowbrook Group Administrator
Tel: 01527 821826
Churches in our Parish or Benefice