About the church
Listing: not listed
St Luke's Church is located within a confined site in a residential area fronting Church Road on the south west side of Reigate town centre. The site slopes generally downward from east to west. There is a footpath, well used by the public, which runs parallel to the North boundary extending to the full length of the site.
The church was built c. 1870 and comprises a nave and chancel, north and south aisles, vestry, an organ chamber at the north east corner and a small chapel at the south east corner.
In 1986 the west end was substantially altered and the west gable of the nave is now wholly glazed and framed up in painted timber. Below this was built a narthex of facing brick with a flat roof which accommodates a spacious entrance porch, a vestry on the north side and lavatories on the south side.