Chingford: St Edmund, Chingford
- About Us
- Find Us
- Contact Us
- Services and Events
- Features and Facilities
- More Info
St Edmund’s Church serves a parish covering South Chingford. The Church building (designed by the influential architect N.F. Cachemaille-Day) is located in Larkswood Road by the Chingford Mount shopping centre.
We are part of the Church of England – the nation’s church. All are welcome irrespective of background and belief.
We seek to be a welcoming and inclusive church ...
- where human diversity is affirmed and celebrated
- unafraid to speak out against those who would exclude people from the life of the community or the love of God
- providing opportunities for services, activities and events that bring people together
- open to working collaboratively with people of all faiths and of none
- maintaining our buildings to provide space for the community to explore its spirituality and a place to celebrate together
You are seeing this message instead because your browser has not loaded the program code to produce the map.
This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
- Special Events
- Regular Services
- Other Events
Wheelchair accessible toilets
(Hymn Books / Orders of Service etc.)
Assistance dogs (eg guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs for the disabled) welcome
For those wishing to find out more about Christianity and what the church believes, we run introductory courses during the year, where people can explore what it means to be a Christian without any pressure in an open and non-judgemental environment.
|At times of services, Saturday mornings (10 a.m. to 11 a.m.) and by appointment. Wedding and christening enquiries taken on Saturdays.|
Foodbank or foodbank collection point
|Church Halls Booking Enquiries: Christine Halls, Letting Officer, (020) 8523 7548. The Church Halls complex comprises two halls and a meeting room – the Ryan Hall (capacity = 150 people), the Blake Hall (90 people), and the Richmond Room (16 people).|
The current editor is: Colin Setchfield