TO: ALL PARISHIONERS ON EMAIL & VISITORS TO CHURCH:
CHURCH WEBSITE & LOCAL SOCIAL MEDIA SITES: 22<sup>nd</sup> July, 2021
ST MARY’S CHURCH – RELAXATION OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Following the Government’s relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions on Monday of this week, the Parochial Church Council (PCC) met the same day to discuss and agree our Church policy. It was unanimously agreed:-
· The chairs would continue to be set out so socially distancing can be maintained. Those in bubbles of more than two will be allowed to sit close together in one bubble. Please inform one of the Churchwardens on your arrival and chairs will be moved to accommodate the number in your bubble.
· We would strongly advise that parishioners continue to wear their face masks whilst in the building. Those people who decline this advice, will be directed to a section of the building where other parishioners not wearing masks will be seated.
· At the beginning of the 10.15am Sunday service, there will be one hymn sung which everyone present can join in. Streaming of this service on Zoom will continue.
· Track & Trace is still a legal requirement until Monday 16<sup>th</sup> August so everyone attending will still have to sign in on the sheet provided or use the QR code on the table.
· The other current practices including use of hand sanitizers on both entry and exit will continue.
· Both the south and west doors of the church will continue to be open during services to enable the circulation of fresh air.
The Vicar and Churchwardens would welcome any feedback and the situation will be reviewed every Thursday when the Standing Committee consisting of the Vicar, three Churchwardens, Treasurer and one lay member (Wendy Wiggans) meet on Zoom. We will communicate any changes.
We want to make sure that everyone wishing to attend church feels safe to do so.
With every blessing,
Chris - Your Vicar.