Advent and Christmas in Goathurst 2020 Style
As the village will not be able to hold the traditional Carol Service, nor Sing Out Against Cancer evening this year, the PCC have been exploring other ways of celebrating Christ’s birth in which we invite you all to participate.
• Posada: Last year Mary, Joseph and the donkey travelled around Goathurst during Advent staying in a different home each night. This year, Covid restrictions prevent them from doing this, but we have some cardboard cut outs which we invite you to place in your windows.
• There will be a big Christmas tree by the lych gate on which we are inviting all villagers to hang (securely!) a decoration depicting something of the Christmas story e.g. a star, a donkey, angel etc. It might be one you have already or one you make. Let’s be creative!
• We hope to have carols playing at the gate at various times during Christmas week.
• There will be a small Prayer Christmas Tree in the porch with card candles on which you can write a prayer and hang on the tree.
• We hope to be able to have some form of carol singing outside on Christmas Eve-socially distanced naturally and depending on the guidelines at the time.
We will keep you updated via the church and village noticeboards and very much hope that as many as possible will be able to join in with the above.