In the October Journal, Mike Hansford, St John’s Bell Tower Captain explained the problems with the bells and the frames in the Church Tower and that a full restoration programme is required sooner rather than later
This of course is an expensive project but Mike has worked hard to get funding through grants etc to start the wheels rolling. However more funds are still needed and we hope that local parishioners might like to help in some way.
A fundraising Quiz is being organised, and this is how it will work.
1) Members of the Ringing Team will deliver a Quiz sheet through your letterbox – probably after the lockdown date of December 2nd.
2) Enjoy completing the quiz, perhaps while having tea, coffee or maybe when enjoying an evening tipple?
3) Pop a donation (suggestion of £2 or more) in an envelope with your name and phone number and deliver it to one of the addresses near to your home – there will be a list with your quiz.
4) Answers to the quiz will be put on the Church website on a specified date or give me a call and I will deliver a copy. You can then mark your own sheet.
5) All of the envelopes will be collected together and names drawn from a “HAT” for a prize.
Look out for your Quiz sheet (hopefully in December). Enjoy the quiz and maybe even win a prize.