In my last up-date regarding the return to services in our church buildings I wrote that such a move
"Was likely to be slow, cautious and limited unless there is a considerable relaxing of the restrictions."
Since then, there has not been a marked relaxing of restrictions, however, we sense that there is a growing need and desire within our church family and the local community to begin meeting together once again.
For this reason the PCC has sought permission to reopen both our churches for public worship. The necessary risk assessments have been carried out and approved and so I can announce that services will begin again in September.
I know many of you will be delighted with this news, while others will be apprehensive.
I can reassure you all that Church of England guidelines for the safe running of public worship will be closely followed. We will also continue to post a recorded service on our website twice a week.
The arrangements for the services are as follows.
All Saints' Sunday 13th September 10.30am Morning Prayer
St. Mary's Wednesday 16th September 9.30am Quiet Prayer and Reflection
These arrangements will continue weekly until further notice.
You will need to be aware of the following,
* Welcomers will greet you at the door of the church and take your contact details for Track and Trace
* Hand sanitizers will be available for your use at the entrance.
* A basket for your offering will be available at the entrance.
* Face coverings must be warn.
* Seating has been arranged for your safety. Please sit in the designated positions.
* Family groups must sit together and children must remain with their parents/guardians throughout the
* There will be no Sunday Club at All Saints' for the foreseeable future.
* There will be no singing in the services, but music will be included.
* Regrettably there will be no toilet facilities available at All Saints' Church Hall for some weeks. This is
because work to up-date and improve the facilities will begin soon.
* Refreshments will not be served after the services.
We will not be holding regular services of holy communion for the time being. However, our curate, Elaine, is to be ordained at Derby Cathedral on Saturday 26th September and we are planning that she will preside at Holy Communion on the 27th September in All Saints'. Restrictions will be in place, but this will be a very special service and I hope that you will all try to attend.
Inevitably there will be an element of the "experimental" about the first services in church, but I am confident that we can adapt to the new arrangements and that our fellowship and worship can be meaningful and a blessing to all.
I look forward to seeing you at All Saints' and St. Mary's very soon.