A message & weekly Pew Sheet week commencing Sunday 5th December, 2021
Sunday 5th December – Second Sunday of Advent
There will be three services ‘in church’ in our villages this Sunday:
9am Holy Communion: St Faith’s, Wilsthorpe
11am Holy Communion: St Michael & All Angels’, Uffington (Reminder First Sunday Ministers and Wardens Catch up meeting - immediately following the 11am Eucharist. A catch up in the Casewick Chapel while we drink our coffee. Fr Aran aims to be finished by 12:25)
6pm ‘Advent Carols & Candles’ St Martin’s, Barholm-with-Stowe – All are Very Welcome to this special service and Mulled Wine & Mince Pies will be served after the service
On Wednesday 8th December there will an online service of Evening Prayer at 5:30pm. This is a joint venture with All Saints’ Stamford in response to requests in both benefices - initially Fr Aran and Fr Neil will lead these services. As usual the link:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 5834 8925
As usual, please feel free to pass this message (and the attachments) to anyone you think might wish to receive it - requests to be added to the distribution list remain very welcome (but should be from the individual concerned for privacy and data protection reasons); conversely, should you no longer wish to receive this weekly communication please e-mail me accordingly.
FACE MASK UPDATE - Please wear masks. Please Test (lateral flow) regularly.
It is highly recommended that before you enter a crowded place you do a lateral flow test (at home on the day of the event)
Fr Aran is testing himself before every service/gathering to help him keep you safe.
These precautions should give us the best chance of not having to cancel services as we try to keep all of us safe.
Kits can be ordered from: Order a set of Lateral Flow Tests
- As the Governments rules have changed we are updating what we do in Church in Advent and the run up to Christmas.
- Please wear a mask to enter and leave Church.
- We are still allowed to sing in Church. It is for you to decide as and when you remove/replace your mask.
- Please replace your mask before leaving your seat.
- Where refreshments are served please keep your mask on before and after refreshment.
- Communion is distributed in one kind. This will be brought to each pew end. The Priest will be wearing a mask.
The blessed sacrament will be placed in your hand. Please respond AMEN and consume immediately before moving.
- If you wish to sit away from others to keep yourself safe then please ask one of the people who welcomes you into Church.
The Priest will be unmasked during the service apart from distribution of Communion.
If you need help, support or have questions please speak to Fr Aran or a Church Warden.