Keeping Everyone Safe.
All of the church communities of the Brothertoft, Sibsey with Carrington Group of churches are committed to ensuring that good safeguarding practices are in place. If you are in anyway concerned or worried by anything that is happening or what somebody is doing we have specially trained people who you can talk to and who you can ask for help. The people who can help are the Safeguarding Officer or the Parish Priest.
Safeguarding Officer: Angela Sykes on: [email protected]
Parish Priest: Revd Clive Todd on: [email protected]
If you wish to speak to someone outside the churches you can contact the diocesan safeguarding team – their contact details are available here. There is also information there about other places where you can get help or advice.
* Promoting a safer environment and culture
* Safely recruiting and supporting all those with responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
* Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
* Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
* Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
Responding to those that may pose a present risk
The Parochial Church Councils of the Benefice of the Brothertoft Group, Sibsey with Carrington Group have agreed to accept as a minimum the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements:
<span style="font-size: 1rem;">* Promoting a Safer Church; House of Bishops policy statement (2017) https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2019-05/PromotingSaferChurchWeb.pdf
* Protecting All God’s Children (safeguarding policy for children and young people, 4th edition, 2010) https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-11/protectingallgodschildren.pdf
* Promoting a Safe Church (safeguarding policy for adults, 2006) https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-11/promotingasafechurch.pdf
The full policy can be accessed here.
* NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
* Childline: 08001111
* Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
* NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
* Samaritans: 116 123
* Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
* National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
* Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141