The Minster has been thoroughly cleaned, and our Covid-safe measures for public worship are:
- Congregants will enter through the South Transept (the door facing Bethlehem Street) and will leave via the South-West porch.
- All will be asked to leave contact details as you enter to enable track and trace; we will provide single-use pencils to enable this. These details will be destroyed after 21 days.
- We will be using every other row of seats and rows will be clearly marked as to where you can sit. Each row will accommodate one household, whether this be one person or more.
- Orders of service will be left on the chairs; we ask you to take your copy away with you afterwards. Large-print copies will be available.
- We are proud of our musical tradition at the Minster. However, at this time, congregations are not allowed to sing. Music will be provided both by our Virtual Choir, as well as by a cantor.
- Communion will be provided in one kind only, with no use of the common cup. You will be guided to communion.
- We will share the peace without shaking hands or leaving our seats.
- There will be no refreshments available after the service.
- We will continue to stream the service live for those unable to attend. We are hoping to be able to stream live on our dial-up service, too.
- There is no need to wear a mask, although you are, of course, more than welcome to wear one if you wish.
We are very much looking forward to being able to welcome people into the Minster for worship and thank all of those who have worked hard to enable us to do so as safely as possible.
Please note that, because of building work in St James’ Square, there is no parking available at the Minster.