PEOPLE OF WORSHIP
The importance and the value of ‘Christ in our Homes’ for many is recognised and the need to sustain this for those unable to be at Church or share in public worship,
and to sustain it for those for whom it has become part of their life of prayer and worship.
We will continue streamed services at these times:
• Sunday 10am from St Mary’s Church and Wednesday at Noon
• Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from the Vicarage at Noon
• Saturdays will be replaced by Canon Bruce’s weekly reflection.
Go to portseaparish.co.uk to pick up the links you need to join the service, and for any service sheets.
WORSHIP IN CHURCH
On July 5th St Mary’s will hold an 8am and 10am Eucharist (the latter being streamed). We are limited with how many can attend (approx 50).
• To help us in planning please could you let me know asap if you are intending to be at a service so we can plan accordingly and not have to ask people to not enter (which we wish to avoid).
Please be aware the reality is that the re-opening will not yet be a return to what we were before – there will be no opportunity to gather socially and chat, or to sing, use service books etc.
If attending please :
• enter by the West Door, (or if needed via ramp at side door)
• sanitise your hands, and go straight to a seat.
• Please respect other people and their space.
Children are welcome, but there is no Children’s area, or Young Church, and they must remain with their parent/carer and under their supervision. We are sorry that they cannot wander round the building.
We appreciate this is not ideal, but hope you understand. Likewise, the Toilets will not be accessible expect in emergency. At the end of the service you will be invited to leave and guidance will be given.
Outside the Church you are encouraged to follow Government guidance on gatherings etc and not meet in groups of more than 6 (socially distanced) or 2 Households.
Then on July 12th we will extend this to introduce All Saints.
Finally on July 19th we will also open St Faith’s and St Wilfrid’s.
The purpose for this staggered introduction is to enable us to prepare the various buildings (currently only St Mary’s is ready) and to enable the Ministry Team to develop appropriate services and assess each week what has been learnt.
We will be in touch with timings for those services (may not be the familiar ones) and our development of midweek services and prayer group opportunities.