To know and share God’s love for all, growing in Christian community
Our Values are:
BELOVED: Knowing we are loved by God as his chosen children (Col 3:12-17):
BECOME: Knowing we are called to become more like Jesus, growing through learning together and alone as disciples (Mt 28:18-20)
BUILD: Knowing we are called to be community, growing through meeting together for teaching, nurture, food and fellowship, in different places with others becoming disciples too
BLESS: Knowing we are called to be a blessing to our community, local & further afield, growing in making a difference, being ‘salt and light’
Our way forward
1. Review fellowship & home groups including men’s so that these will be missional partnerships with a focus on all four key values through time to draw close to God & listen, making a positive Godly difference, disciple-making & fellowship, and prayer & learning how to apply God’s word.
2. Commit to provide opportunity for testimony & corporate prayer through Sunday services and a monthly prayer gathering, as times to draw close to God for teaching, fellowship, prayer and the breaking of bread.
3. Provide leadership support for home group leaders on a monthly basis.
4. Review work with teenagers through Youth committee.
5. Develop mission work around Stanwood through contacts made at Hall Park Head.
6. Appoint a stewardship officer to nurture & encourage skills, talents & gifts ensuring we link in with diocesan initiatives & provision.
7. Appoint a 'salt and light' representative providing a link with the diocesan officer.