With the continued updates regarding the coronavirus outbreak, we wanted to keep you updated with the action we are taking across our 12 churches to limit its effects. This is an ever-changing situation and the leadership team are closely monitoring new guidance from the Church of England and Public Health England.
Following this advice, at present, the decision has been taken that essential services will continue, (although this could change), with the following adjustments:
- Holy Communion will be given in one kind only. The use of the common cup has been suspended.
- Physical contact should be avoided, which means we cannot shake hands during the sharing of The Peace. We can however be really creative with sign language!
- The collection plate should not be passed person to person.
- To reduce the risk of infection we will not be serving refreshments, so you may wish to bring a bottle of water with you.
- Please take notice of government advice should you be suffering from a new continuous cough or temperature and self-isolate to prevent passing infection to our most vulnerable people.
- Please use hand gels provided and wash hands regularly.
Finally, we ask you to join us in prayer for our leadership team, for our communities and for all those facing difficult decisions and for those who are affected by the coronavirus. We pray for our nation and for our world.