An update to services in our Benefice, particularly evening prayer.
Zoom Morning Prayer will be at 9.00am Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Plus St John's Morning Prayer 9.00am Wednesdays.
Evening Prayer continues on Zoom Wednesday to Friday at 5.00pm
Tuesday 7pm Start! course - 6 sessions lasting about an hour, no previous knowledge required. Contact us to find out more.
9.00am All Saints
11.00am St John's
4.00pm on Zoom
6.00pm St Mary's 2nd and 4th Sundays each month<div>
I trust you are all keeping safe and following government guidance as we begin to emerge out of the lockdown. By sticking to the guidelines we are not only protecting ourselves, but showing care and consideration for others too as our actions directly and indirectly affect the wellbeing of the wider community. Acting together we will help protect the vulnerable and keep those at risk as safe as possible.
As many of you will be aware the government has said from the 4th July places of worship can re-open but only if they can do so in a Covid secure manner. The Church Wardens and I, along with a small team of volunteers, have been making preparations, which means on Sunday 5th July our churches will be open at the following times:
All Saints 9.00am. St John’s 11.00am.
However, this does not mean we will immediately be able to return to Church as we knew it before the pandemic. We must follow guidance from the government and the national Church. So the following measures will be in force:
• Hand sanitiser must be used on entering and leaving the building
• Social distancing measures will be in place – you may sit with people from your own household, but must keep a distance from others.
• Please follow any directions given by those who welcome you into the church – they are acting to ensure we all comply with regulations
• We will hold a service of the Word as Holy Communion is not currently allowed
• We are not permitted to sing as this increases the risk of the spread of the virus
• We cannot serve refreshments as this increases the risk of the spread of the virus so you may wish to bring a bottle of water with you.
• Areas of the church will be closed off to limit the need to clean after use
Please note this means Toilet facilities will not be available
During the week Morning Prayer will be said at 9.00am in our churches as follows and you are welcome to join us:
Tuesday: All Saints
Wednesday: St John’s
Thursday: St Mary’s
We appreciate that some people will still be required to shield and some people will naturally feel nervous about leaving home to attend a service. To enable these people to join in worship there will be Zoom services as follows
Sunday: Worship at 4.00pm
Friday: Morning Prayer at 9.00am
Evening prayer will continue Tuesday to Friday at 5.00pm
On Sunday 12th July our services will be as follows:
All Saints 9.00am; St John’s 11.00am; Zoom 4.00pm: St Mary’s 6.00pm
Please note it will be the same service repeated in all contexts.
Thank you for your prayers and support as we navigate these uncertain waters together. Please do pray for your church wardens, readers and all PCC members as we begin to think about the future.
Yours in Christ
© 2020 The Archbishops’ Council
Editor Help Centre