The following policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting held on Thursday 18th July 2019
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Please click on the link at the bottom of this page for the full details of this policy and for the name of our Parish Safeguarding Officer.
Please click on this link for the Diocese Safeguarding Guidance and Policies
You may also find the following links and information useful:
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are child or young person and are worried about anything
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
• Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.