Guidelines as we re-open
We are pleased that church services can now resume following the suspension for COVID-19 / coronavirus. As we re-open, these are the guidelines that will be in place across the West Worcester Group of Churches:
General - at all services:
1. Please observe social distancing and stay 2 metres away from other individuals or household groups. Seating will be organised to facilitate this, but do be aware of the distancing guidelines especially when entering and leaving the church.
2. Face masks are optional. It is entirely your choice if you wish to wear one.
3. Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and leaving.
4. Please follow instructions provided about service booklets. If you would like a PDF of a booklet so you can bring your own tablet, let the clergy know.
5. At this time we are not allowed to sing or to serve refreshments after services.
For Communion / Eucharist services at St Michael's:
1. For now the congregation will receive only the bread, which will be handled only by the priest with sanitised hands and covered during consecration.
2. As altar rails have been removed, please remain in your seat and the priest will bring bread to each person who wishes to receive.
At other churches in the West Worcester Group:
2. As altar rails have been removed, please receive standing at the altar step or ask to receive in your seat.
3. Please follow directions to ensure social distancing during the administration.