Come and worship in our churches. <span style="font-size: 1rem;">Covid safe Church services</span>
From July 19<sup>th</sup> government regulations have become guidance. The way we organise our services in church is based upon national guidance. Our aim is to make them as safe as possible with everyone taking responsibility for themselves and showing compassion and courtesy to others. As with all things covid the process will be kept under review.
We are adopting a uniform approach across the benefice.
• Regular risk assessments are carried out in each church.
• Where churches have side doors and windows these will be open for ventilation.
• We recognise that some people will feel more vulnerable now than previously and may want to sit on their own or wear a mask at all times. In view of this we invite all people to wear a face covering and to continue to socially distance. For most Sunday services this does not present a problem!
• We ask people to use hand sanitiser as they come in and go out of church.
• At Holy Communion, face coverings to be worn when moving around the church.
• The priest will wear a mask when administering Communion.
• Communion will continue in one kind (bread, no wine).
• We recommence congregational singing in church.
For baptisms, weddings and funerals
The government has lifted restrictions on numbers attending weddings, funerals and baptisms. In discussion with the families, we will decide whether to limit numbers. If numbers are not limited, then social distancing may not be possible. We ask all people to wear face coverings.