APCMs not yet held should be suspended during the current situation.
I have therefore used my powers under the Churchwardens Measure and the Church Representation Rules to make directions with the following immediate effect:
1. The time for holding meetings of parishioners to choose churchwardens is extended to 31st October 2020.
2. The time for the admission of churchwardens is extended to 31st January 2021.
3. Existing 2019 churchwardens continue in office until 31 January 2021, unless re-admitted earlier or a successor is admitted earlier.
4. The period for holding APCMs is extended to 31st October 2020.
5. Existing 2017-20 lay members of deanery synod continue in office until 30th November 2020 even where their successors may have been elected at 2020 APCMs.
6.Deanery synod secretaries must provide the diocesan office with names, addresses and emails of clergy and lay members (as per 5. above) asap and no later than 1 July 2020.
7. Unless the APCM has already been held, PCC members for 2019 will continue in office until the postponed 2020 APCM
.” from Bishop Martin. 20th March 2020.