Dear Friends in Christ
Saint Paul tells us in his letter to the Hebrews “ But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem'' . It was Sunday 22nd March when we last came together as a family in Richmond Hill. And those of us who were there were faces with a set of rules. More than anything the door of the church was being bolted at 11am and no spoken words apart from myself.
In line with the Government Guidance and under Canon Law, we can open the Church for public worship and we will do this Sunday July 12th at 1100 hrs.
And whereas St Paul tells us about coming to Mount Zion, and yes we are coming back to our spiritual home.
With opening up comes a set of guidelines that we must all adhere too :
1. Social distancing of one to two metres must be maintained.
2. We must enter and leave through different doors. Entry will only be through the main North
door where there will be sanitiser which everyone is asked to use. At the end of Mass everyone will leave through the Choir vestry.
3. No paper can be left in church so fresh Mass sheets will be provided every Sunday, with the weekly pew sheets. They will be put on the table for people to pick up as they arrive.
4. The church is not allowed to provide children’s drawing or crayoning materials, Lego or
5.The congregation is not allowed to sing but there can be one cantor. This will be Paul who is also allowed to play the organ.
6. Fr Darren will receive Communion on behalf of the people as he did on Mothering Sunday.
But at least we will be physically in Our Lord’s presence instead of virtually.
The Parish Mass will be celebrated in Church, for a couple of weeks from where gradually we will reintroduce the Daily Mass. For the interim period the Daily Mass will be Celebrated from my home here in Wakefield.
The moment if we go back into lockdown again, the Church will be closed with immediate effect.
Now to get the Church ready we need to clean the Church, both thoroughly and gradually, if anyone would like to clean please forward me your names and what you can do.
I look forward to welcoming you all back next Sunday