It is with great pleasure that we announce the slightly different by even better 2020 Christmas Tree Festival! This year everyone living, working or studying in All Saints Parish are invited to take part in <span style="font-size: 1rem;">‘A Walking Christmas Tree Festival – Comfort and Joy’ from </span><span style="font-size: 1rem;">6.00pm on Saturday 28 November to 7.00pm on Sunday 5 December.</span>
This year promises to be different but bigger with more community engagement and more trees than ever! We plan to have an official switch on to start this incredibly special event for Streetly.
Planning for this year’s Walking Christmas Tree festival is underway, and you can look forward to a wonderful range of safe outside events, which will include four Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunts across Streetly with a prize for the winner! A Carol Service live streamed via Facebook with the announcement of the winner of the Walking Christmas Tree competition.
We expect many within the community to get involved during the weeklong outdoors festival!
Slightly different to previous years, we invite you to take part in one or more of the following ways:
1. You can purchase and decorate a tree from us to be displayed in your garden or front room, which will be on display for the full week of the festival. Trees are bought from a local supplier who provides them complete with root ball and plant pot and will be made available to all at a cost of £35 for the standard sized trees, to take part in the best-dressed tree competition and Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt. Buying a tree will automatically enable you to take part in the event. Trees will be available from 10.00am Wednesday 26 – with time slots agreed for collection.
2. You can buy and decorate your own tree and pay £5 to take part in the best-dressed tree competition and Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt.
3. You can decorate a tree in your garden and pay £5 to take part in the best-dressed tree competition and Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt.
4. Local businesses are encouraged to have a tree at the event to advertise your business / organisation and take part in the best-dressed tree competition and Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt.
5. You may like to sponsor the publicity of this event on the banners, on social media and flyers distributed across the community.
Trees are be decorated by Saturday 28 November in time for the switch on at 6.00pm. Each tree entered will take part in the best-dressed tree competition and provide a question for the Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt competition.
All proceeds from the event will be split between two local charities Hundred Acre Pre-School Nursery Building fund and All Saints’ Parish to enable us to serve the community. If you are unable to purchase a tree, but you can still donate, we would be incredibly grateful indeed.
If you would like to support this amazing event in Streetly Community, please complete the attached form and send it back to us by Monday 16 November.