1. The Parochial Church Council of Burnsall seeks wherever possible to provide open access to the Church of St Wilfrid for members of the local community and for visitors and tourists from further afield.
2. There is no charge for admission to the Church building but contributions for its upkeep are invited on a voluntary base.
3. The building is normally open to the public every day throughout the year from 09:00 to dusk.
4. Access is unrestricted for members of the public with disabilities subject to the physical layout of the building but there is. at present, no loop system for the hearing impaired.
5. Access for wheel chair users is possible with the aid of experienced carers.
6. There is a disabled toilet.
7. The policy will be reviewed at regular intervals to ensure that individuals are treated with equality and justice.
8. The Parish is committed to a programme of reflection, review and action to make the policy effective and to continue to improve access.
9. The Rector together with the Churchwardens shall have formal responsibility for ensuring the effective implementation of the policy.
St. John’s The building is normally open to the public from approximately 9.00 am till dusk, with a team opening on a Rota basis. Due to the past theft of church assets the Chapel is closed, except for services, during November till the beginning of March. The building has level access for wheelchairs, although partly across a mown grass area. Internally there is level access, except to the Sanctuary. There is no toilet provision, or mains water supply.
Approved by the Parochial Church Council.
Date approved: 19th October 2020