We are pleased to announce that gathered worship services will recommence at St Andrew's Church on Easter Sunday (4th April) at our usual time of 11am with a special Easter Holy Communion. This will be followed with Morning Worship on 11th April, Worship & Praise on 18th April and Holy Communion on 25th April. Following the service on 25th April will be our Annual Church Meetings, at which we will reflect on the extraordinary last year in the life of our church and where God is leading us in 2021, including electing our church officers.
From May 2021 our usual weekly pattern will resume:
1st Sunday - Morning Worship
2nd Sunday - Holy Communion
3rd Sunday - Worship & Praise
4th Sunday - Holy Communion
To mark coming back into the church building and the weekend of Holy Week and Easter, St. Andrew's will be open from 10am-12pm on Saturday 3rd April for individual private prayer, which will include the opportunity to light a candle in prayer for or memory of loved ones. Foodbank donations will also be taken during this hours.
There is a booklet of prayers and reflections for Holy Week available to download now on our website - www.standrewslfe.org.uk.
To protect yourself and others from COVID19, anyone attending the church building will need to:
- maintain a distance of over 1 metre from anyone not within their household or support bubble
- wear a face covering whilst in the building, unless exempt* (Face coverings can be removed temporarily by those leading the service and when receiving Holy Communion)
- bring with your own Bible or prayer resources if required
- provide a contact telephone number for registration with NHS Track & Trace, or scan the on-site QR code using the NHS Track & Trace app
We are delighted to be able to start making the church building available once again. However we will need to close the church on short notice should national or local guidance change or there be a suspected COVID19 contamination of the building. Should this occur, please accept our apologies for any disappointment, as the health and safety of our volunteers and all in our community will remain our top priority at all times.
Our online worship pattern will be modified after Easter Sunday, becoming fortnightly on the 1st & 3rd Sundays streaming on Facebook and available afterwards on our website www.standrewslfe.org.uk:
1st Sunday 3pm Messy Church Online
3rd Sunday 11am Online Worship
On other Sundays links will be provided to online services streamed by the national churches.
Services will be live-streamed on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsLFE/) and on our website (www.standrewslfe.org.uk). Resources for daily prayer at home, as well as a special booklet of prayers and reflections for Holy Week, are available to download now on our website - www.standrewslfe.org.uk.
The above applies to public worship. There still remain lockdown restrictions on what activities can take place in the Community Hall. We will continue to act in accordance with government guidance and will re-open to community groups as and when and to the extent that this is permitted under the government roadmap.
* The main exemptions to wearing face-coverings are:
• young children under the age of 11
• not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
• if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
• if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
• to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
• to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
• to eat or drink, but only if you need to
• to take medication
• if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering