Please find below guidance on the re-opening of our Churches for Public Worship.
Re-opening of Churches for Public Worship
During August our Churches will begin to re-open for Worship. After four months of not being able to gather for worship this marks a new step on our road to normality. The timetable for this has already been circulated. The first service will be this coming Sunday at 1030 at Kintbury.
However it will not be ‘business as usual’. These are the guidelines agreed by the Ministry Team and are in accordance with Government regulations and Church of England advice. All we have put in place is to reduce risk and to keep everyone safe.
• A full Risk Assessment will have been carried out in each Church prior to the service. Because of Social Distancing rules numbers will necessarily be limited. The services will be broadcast on Zoom but only members of the Ministry Team will actually be on camera.
• When you arrive at the Church you will be greeted and asked to sanitise. You may be asked to wait outside. You will then be admitted to the church either as an individual or family group, and shown to your seat. Service sheets will be on your seat and should be left there once the service finishes. Please sit on the spot where the sheets are placed in the pews.
• The wearing of masks is strongly advised.
• The Celebrant will bring Holy Communion-in one kind only-(Bread) to your pew and will be wearing a visor.
• At the end of the service please remain in your seats until individually advised to leave. There will be a retiring collection plate on your way out.
• When you do get outside please move away from the Church door and conduct any conversations with fellow worshippers observing social distancing.
The Team realise that all of the above may seem a little daunting. Although things may look and feel different we meet in Church as we have always done to Worship and to be in the presence of God. As a Ministry Team we are really looking forward to welcoming you back and sharing in worship together. We are treating these August services as a first step and are hopeful that in following months we can revisit all of this depending on conditions.
With best wishes,
Mark & the Ministry Team.