We take the safeguarding of children, young people and adults very seriously. We work to prevent abuse from occurring, seek to protect those that are at risk of being abused and respond well to those that have been abused.
Our parish safeguarding policy statement can be found at the bottom of this page.
If you are concerned that a child or vulnerable adult has been harmed or is at risk of harm, please do not hesitate to contact the Church or Diocese Safeguarding personnel for advice and support.
If you wish to report an allegation of abuse from the past, or in the present, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your information will be treated appropriately and kept confidential.
Contact our Safeguarding Lead
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Judy Coulson, email [email protected], telephone 0118 9463490 or you can contact the Rector, The Revd Robert S Thewsey by email at [email protected] or phone on 0118 940 3484
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
If our Safeguarding Officer is unavailable, or you would prefer to speak to the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Team you can find full contact details at https://www.oxford.anglican.org/safeguarding/
If you have concerns about safeguarding or want to know any more information about our safeguarding policy or practices, please contact the Revd Robert S Thewsey (Details above).
We understand that reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger, or requires immediate medical attention, call emergency services on 999.