Whilst the Government has asked us to stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS. Under the current regulations the Government has permitted public worship to continue, if it is safe to do so.
While many churches have decided to offer digital services only for the time being, we are continuing to remain open, in a Covid-secure way, for individual prayer and public worship.
We urge everyone to be exceptionally cautious and, in particular, to do everything possible to prevent mingling outside of households and support bubbles.
Please stay vigilant as the local case numbers fluctuate.
All worshippers will be asked to have their temperature taken (non-invasively) and have their contact details recorded on arrival for NHS “Test and Trace”, should this be necessary. If you have a smartphone, there is a poster with a scannable QR code on, as we are supporting the NHS “Test and Trace” App.
• It is mandatory to wear a face covering/mask in church unless you are exempt.
• Sit on your own, or with members of your household/bubble, in one of the marked socially distanced places.
• Say (not sing) the congregational responses in a normal conversational tone not in a loud voice.
• Stay in your place Holy Communion will be brought to you.
• Take very great care, by maintaining social distancing both inside and outside S Lawrence’s.
The Priest will wear a mask when in close proximity to you but is not required to wear one when leading the service.
Financial offerings will be via the Plate stationed at the back of church, not passed between each other. People are encouraged to give contactlessly via a Standing Order account details on request.