You will probably be aware that we have had a PCC meeting this week with many things to discuss.
We will be filling you in on some of the discussions over the next few weeks but many of you have understandably been asking about whether we will be opening the church building for worship. The answer to this is YES. The PCC voted in favour of opening the church for worship from Sunday 4th October 2020.
You will not be surprised to know that this is not quite as straightforward as it might sound! Please read on so that you have some awareness of what we will be doing:
• We will be holding one service on a Sunday in the church building at 9.30am.
• We will only be able to have 30 people at the service.
• This will be a Communion Service (although we will not be able to share the wine)
• People will have to sit at a 2-meter distance from other individuals/bubbles and will be escorted to and from their seats.
• Face masks will have to be worn unless you have an exemption.
• We will not be able to sing, although we can listen to music.
• The service will be under an hour.
• The toilets will not be open unless there is an emergency.
• Children will have to sit with parents at all times – we are not able to open Junior Church or the Creche.
Everyone is welcome to this service – we will however need to control numbers of people who would like to attend.
Therefore can I ask you to contact Laura – [email protected] or 07939 449255 and indicate whether you would like to attend a 9.30am service or not (please respond either way.) From this, a list will be created, and people will be allocated a Sunday service that they can attend. I cannot tell you how often you will be able to attend until we know how many people would like to attend, but we will be in touch with you if you indicate that you would like to attend a Sunday morning service.
Please do not just turn up on a Sunday morning as we may have to turn you away, and I do not wish to do this to anyone.
Please also note that our 11am online service will continue in the same way and those that receive material in the post will continue to get this.
If you have any queries or concerns, then please do get in touch with me to discuss them – 01733 248690/07498 230858 or [email protected]
I am writing this on Tuesday 15th September and everything I have laid out in our plans going forward is subject to change depending on Church of England guidance and Government guidance and English law. I will communicate any changes as quickly as I am able.
Please pray as we look to start opening up our church building a little further.
With every blessing