CORONA VIRUS UPDATES
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: ST MARY’S GRAVELEY AND ST NICHOLAS STEVENAGE
Due to the Corona Virus outbreak, and following advice from the UK Government and the Church of England, the way St Nicholas Church functions has changed. The headlines are below- if you want more details, do download the letter on our website. In all these things we strongly encourage everyone to follow the health advice given by the government. You can find it here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• We have suspended all services in church and all face to face groups.
• Graveley Church will be open for private quiet prayer on Saturday mornings from 10-11am, and Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 2:30pm-4pm. Please see individual post for details and restrictions.
• We will hold an open-air gathering each Sunday from 10-10:30am in the church yard at St Nicholas Church. Please see the individual post for details and restrictions.
• We will also be keeping in regular contact by emails, telephone calls and through video conferencing, and through regular posts on social media.
• We encourage everyone to pray for one another and to encourage one another in word and, where possible, by deed.
So let’s follow the advice we’ve been given and stay positive. Let’s keep trusting the LORD. Let’s keep rejoicing in God’s goodness. And let’s keep praying that through this outbreak, God would be at work both in us and through us for his glory and the building up of his kingdom.
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face shine upon you. May the Lord lift up the light of his countenance upon you all, and give you his peace.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.