How to use the parish finder
If you start to enter a place name the site will try to match that to an existing church entry. You can click the name shown to jump straight to that church.
Enter a place or postcode and click you will be shown a map of the area with the parish which contains the location you gave and the nearest churches marked. It will also draw the boundaries of that parish on the map.
You can also enter a partial postcode. e.g. OX4 and it will show you churches with that as part of their postcode but it will match OX44 as well as OX4.
If you need more help see our help page.
What is A Church Near You?
A Church Near You contains information about parish churches and the services and events that take place there. It's FREE for visitors and parishes.
It's a great help to visitors to have accurate information about the churches they might want to visit. Many parishes that have added information to A Church Near You have noticed an increase in visitor numbers.The site helps people find out:
- which parish they live in (based on the post code search, this is useful for weddings and funerals as well as general churchgoing
- their nearest church (its distance from their own location and its position on a map)
- what it is like
- what events and services are happening
- who to contact to find out more
The information you add to A Church Near You helps other sites too, including the Church of England website, diocesan websites and mobile apps.
- 16,000 Church of England churches listed
- 69,000 services and events listed
- 5,000 messages sent to churches each month
- 266,000 unique visits per month