St George's Church was the first Parish Church to be built in Barrow-in-Furness. Since 1861 this historic building has hosted a host of christenings, weddings, funerals and civic occasions, such as the St George's Day Parade Service and Civic Sunday. The church was built 'for the glory of God' and this purpose remains at the heart of the church's mission and ministry today. We want to ensure our buildings are 'fit for purpose' - a resource and not a restriction in 'knowing Jesus better and making Him better known'. St George's remains a place of welcome to all and ensuring the building is warm and inviting is integral to that aim. The new £100k heating system will provide greater flexibility and greatly improved energy efficiency.
Church of England Diocese of Carlisle St. George with St. Luke Barrow-in-Furness