Facilities and features
Accessibility
unisex disability, toilet
baby changing facilities within the disability toilet
Disability toilet is located at the main entrance
There is a ramped entrance into the Church,
LARGE print service books and hymn books are available upon request.
Ramp, to the main door for wheelchair access.
Our Building
The stained-glass windows include two by Clare Dawson of 1951, the east window and the Miners' Memorial.
The unusual circular window above the altar, representing 2 hearts entwined, was filled with stained glass in 1934. The window was designed by the Principal of the Edinburgh School of Art and depicts the Risen Christ appearing to Mary Magdalene in the garden. In the top centre light is the Holy Dove, and above each head, angels hold crowns of glory. In the lower centre panel is a scroll bearing the word “Rabboni”. The whole window is filled with a design of the vine, and in the early morning sunshine it scintillates like some rich jewel.
Grade 2. Listed building
Music and Worship
The bell tower was built in 1927 at a cost of £4,000 (equivalent to £301,600 in 2023) which included a peal of 8 bells from John Taylor of Loughborough.
The organ was built at a cost of £450 (equivalent to £61,500 in 2023) and opened with a recital on 21 September 1900 by Harrison Cooper, organist of St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Sheffield