The reredos is in memory of the 14,000 members of the Brigade of Guards who gave their lives in the Great War, 1914-18. It depicts the Cross of Cavalry rising from a devastated battlefield in France and is made from French marble, stained with burnt umber, and framed in Forest of Dean stone. The panels either side are made from Amercian white wood, painted grey and silver. On the panels are the Greek letters alpha and omega and the insignia of each of the foot guards regiments. The architect was Sir Gilbert Scott. The reredos was dedicated on 18 June 1922 by the Archdeacon of Oxford and the roll of honour was placed on the shelf in the panelling by Field-Marshal HRH the Duke of Connaught.
Church of England Diocese of Oxford Holy Trinity, Windsor