Church of England Diocese of Norwich Felmingham, Skeyton, Colby, Banningham, Tuttington, Suffield, Sloley and Swanton Abbot

Opening

The church is normally open from 9am until dusk. Details of key holder wil be found on the noticeboard. 

Getting here

Banningham is part of the United Benefice of King's Beck, together with the villages of Colby, Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield, Sloley, Swanton Abbott and Tuttington.  Sung Eucharist is held on Sunday at 10am in rotation around the churches.

The church building is a mix of styles.  The chancel and central nave are Decorated, dating form the early 1300s, whereas the aisles, porch and tower are Perpendicular from the 1400s. Features of note include a thatched chancel roof, a font from 1400, box pews, a finely decorated Hammer Beam roof and some medieval wall paintings.

Banningham appears in the Domesday Book and there was a Manor here in the time of Edward the Confessor.  The first known rector dates from 1316.

 

 

Colby Road
Banningham
Norwich
NR11 7DY

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below