Following guidance from the Church of England we are approaching the lifting of Covid restrictions on July 19th with caution.
In our services and concerts across the Benefice, we will restore the roped off pews but will still be encouraging everyone to keep 1m social distance where possible.
We will still be asking everyone to wear masks for the time being.
The best news is that we are allowed to sing! But to stay safe we will only sing carefully whilst wearing masks.
Our primary aim is for everyone to be safe and feel safe.
As a church community across the Benefice, we endeavour to
- be an inclusive church which celebrates human diversity and welcomes all.
- create a space where people can grow in their Christian faith and discover more of the love of God and of the sacred in life, through prayer and worship.
- can question and explore together, in our joys and struggles, and support one another through mutual care and hospitality.
- be alert to the needs of our local community and the wider world, and committed to solidarity with those who are marginalised.
- celebrate life in all its fullness and care for creation.
Blakeney Church is normally open every day (the tower is only accessible Tuesday-Thursday) and is noted for its welcome to visitors, providing a sanctuary for prayer and rest as well as complimentary, help-yourself tea and coffee, cards, books, gifts and a loo! It was recently a runner-up in the rural section of the Diocesan ‘Most Welcoming Churches’ competition.
The Benefice Office is located in Blakeney Church as the main administrative centre for the Benefice churches.
We have a close working relationship with Blakeney Church of England Primary School situated next to the Church. Church members are very much involved with school activities, including the weekly ‘Open the Book’ sessions, and school services which are held in Blakeney church throughout the year.
We also have close link with the Methodist and Catholic communities in Blakeney with several ‘Churches Together in Blakeney’ services each year including the special lifeboat service on the quay.
Blakeney Church supports various international, national and local charities. Our main mission partner is ‘Life in Abundance’ who have facilitated our outreach projects in Rwanda.
Come and see us soon!