Facilities and features
Click on the tags below to learn more about each.
With care, parking is available on the road outside; please do not park on both sides of the road.
A ramp is available as required during services
A hearing look will be installed shortly.
Large print hymns books are available if required.
Dogs, whether assistance or not, are always welcome.
The two most unusual treasures in this medieval church are the 14th century mural on the north wall, and the 15th century glass at the top of the south nave windows, about to be renovated. One of the figures is of St Andrew, and another is clearly recognisable as St Cecilia, patron Saint of music.
Near the tower arch, the font has sacred monograms and instruments of the passion. In the east end chancel windows, there is a 19th century window sequence of the Good Samaritan story.
The mural came to light when the wall was disturbed and the plaster fell off! It is thought to be of birds watching St Francis preaching. It is only a small fragment and much of the original has been disturbed by the (later) windows. On a nearby pillar can be seen scratched graffiti of the mural, presumably by a bored parishioner!
Music and Worship
5 bells, cast in 1750 by Thomas Gardner of Norwich, have been hung for stationary ringing since 1985 using an Ellacombe apparatus. There is an explanation and demonstration of them at: https://youtu.be/2Q4QotJdAM0. They were probably the last peel cast in this historic foundry.
Groups, Courses and Activities
Help for Visitors
The church is always open.