The Church of St Peter was built between 1066 and 1189. It has a fine round tower, with an octagonal top added in the 14th century. Pevsner thought there were Roman tiles in the structure and a later expert identified Saxon stones .

The chancel collapsed in 1726. This led to the altar being moved forward to where it now stands, at the head of the original Nave. There is a South transept with a small side altar. There is a single bell in the tower, which is rung at service times and a manual organ that is used at services as required. There is a very active PCC that involve itself in fund raising events and at least once a year joins with the local Parish Council to organise a traditional village fête in Barningham Park. This is a great social occasion as well as being one of the main fund raising events of the year.

 St Peter’s received a magnificent grant in 2016 from the Listed places of worship roof repair scheme, which enabled the parish to carry out repairs to the roof, parapets and rain water goods. This came on top of previous repairs and in addition to the installation of under-pew heating resulting St Peter’s being in a very good state of repair and a most wonderful place to worship.