St Peter’s Church, Brampton is one of Norfolk’s round tower churches. It sits slightly away for the village on a small promontory above the River Bure. The round tower dates back to late Norman times (1066-1088) although the thickness of tower walls seems to indicate that the tower may have Saxon origins. The church has been the centre of religious life in the village for over 900 years.
The church is part of the Bure Valley Benefice. Brampton is a small community, but a very active one. Services are largely based upon the Book of Common Prayer