REOPENING OF ST MARY’S CHURCH FOR PUBLIC WORSHIP FROM SUNDAY 5TH JULY.
At long last, this is the good news we have all been waiting for. Following the Government’s relaxation of lockdown from 5th July enabling church to reopen for public worship, our normal weekly pattern of services will resume as usual.
8.15am Holy Communion – Order Two
10.15am Holy Communion – Order One
9.30am Holy Communion – Order Two
However, there will be some differences due to some COVID 19 restrictions still in operation.
- Chairs will set out two metres apart but families living in the same household can sit together.
- There will be a separate entry into and exit from the church duly indicated.
- Hands must be washed using the sanitiser provided both on entry and exit from church.
- A record of those who attend will have to be kept for test and trace purposes.
- You will have to pick up the order of service booklet yourself from the desk top – it will not be handed out. All will then be quarantined for 48 hours before being able to be used again.
- If there is an information sheet available, this can also be picked up by yourself but must be taken away with you on leaving church.
- Services will be shorter than usual and at the 10.15am there will be no singing so no hymn books will be available.
- The only sacrament offered will be the bread and both the celebrant and the communicant will exchange this at arm’s length.
- Once the service finishes, people will be encouraged to leave the church as soon as possible.
- No refreshments (food and/or drinks) will be available.
- Toilets will not be available unless it is an emergency.
- There will be no physical contact between individuals and social distancing should be maintained at all times.
-There is no obligation for you to wear a face mask but there will be no objection if you do and feel more comfortable.
We hope that further relaxing of these restrictions will take place when the risk factors are not as great.
The opportunity to hold other services such as baptisms, weddings and funerals is constantly changing and these will be
on our church web site www.penwortham-stmary.co.uk and continuously updated. For further information and/or
queries, please contact me by either phone or email as follows.
Vicarage 01772 743143: Mobile 07858 772421: Email [email protected]
With every blessing
Your Vicar Chris