St. Barnabas. The present church is unusual in that it was built in 1656, during the period of the Commonwealth. It replaces an earlier building that was destroyed during the siege of Brampton Bryan castle in 1643.
The breadth of the church is all out of proportion to its length. Its nave and chancel are one, all covered by a very fine double hammerbeam roof. The church contains one early 14th century monument to Lady Margaret de Brampton, shown holding her heart in her hands.
For services and activities, visit www.wigmore-abbey.org.uk