St Mary Magdalene is approximately 3 miles from the centre of Bridgnorth on the A442 to Kidderminster. It was built in 1086 (on the promise of love), and was the site of the first Bridgnorth parish church until it was replaced by the building of the church in Bridgnorth itself.
Constructed of sandstone and tufa, nearly 40 steps lead up to the church. An electrically powered lift was installed in 2005 to enable the disabled (or tired!) easier access.
During the summer sheep graze the churchyard.