- for 8 hours
- Snead, St Mary the Virgin
- Address Snead CHURCHSTOKE, SY15 6EB, GB
- Norbury: All Saints
- Address Norbury Bishops Castle, SY9 5DX, GB
- Wentnor: St Michael & All Angels
- Address Wentnor Bishops Castle, SY9 5EE, GB
- Ratlinghope: St Margaret's
- Address Ratlinghope Shrewsbury, SY5 0SR, GB
- Myndtown: St John the Baptist
- Address Myndtown Lydbury North, SY7 8BL, GB
- Lydham: Holy Trinity
- Address A488 Lydham Bishops Castle, SY9 5HD, GB
- More: St Peter
- Address More Bishops Castle, SY9 5HH, GB
Saturday 9 September 2023
The Shropshire Historic Churches Trust ‘Ride+Stride’ takes place on Saturday 9th September 2023. It’s an Open Church day when most of our churches will be open, often with light refreshments, ready for visitors from elsewhere in our Benefice and from further afield.
The aim is that some of the visitors will be sponsored to travel to churches near and far – some by walking, some on bikes, some by car (especially if raining or in need of a knee operation or just generally getting older and want to spend more time visiting and less time traveling).
Those taking part from our 9 churches will be seeking sponsors during the next few weeks, so please do support them.
Consider if YOU could be sponsored to walk, drive or ride to some churches – maybe in the Town Centre, maybe in a distant part of Shropshire you’ve never seen before…
Half the money collected is for the participant's church, and the other half goes to the Trust which supports Shropshire churches with grants for essential work and useful improvements.