Church of England Diocese of Hereford Sidbury

About Us

Holy Trinity is a lovely little church set back from the road that runs through the village - so much so, that it's difficult to find if you don't know where it is! The clearest view of it is from the footpath across the fields past Sidbury Hall. The church building is early Norman in origin, with distinctive herringbone masonry in the three nave walls. The north chapel, which acts as vestry and occasional display room, is dated 1734, and the church was substantially restored in 1881 by Robert Griffiths. Further substantial restoration was required after a disastrous fire in 1912, and the church has a display of the churchwarden's notes of the costs of that restoration, kindly provided by a descendant from his diary of 1913.

The sanctuary is beautifully panelled, with matching choir stalls in the chancel. Beautifully looked after by its wardens and PCC, the church has regular events as well as the monthly service of Holy Communion at four o'clock in the afternoon of the third Sunday in the month.


Sidbury is one of the six parishes making up the Stottesdon Benefice, and more information can be found on our website: www.stottesdonbenefice.co.uk and on Facebook: Stottesdon Benefice.