We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Tuck Hill is a delightful small church set in beautiful woodland.
Unfortunately it is not possible to keep the building open due to the
There is a good pub near by, and tea rooms which can refresh you
after a stroll in the churchyard and woods.
Committed visitors are welcome to request entrance.
A warm welcome awaits at 11.15 am on Sunday except the second
Sunday when worship is offered at 8am.
The church situated in an elevated position with superb views of Shropshire and is surrounded by mature beech and Spanish chestnut trees. On early spring days the churchyard is carpeted with snowdrops and then daffodils.
In 1866 the Reverend Charles Amphlett of Four Ashes Hall decided that a church should be built. Mr Edward Wakeman of Cotton hall, Lord of the Manor of Kings Nordley, donated one acre from the common land that covers part of the hill.
The Church was built between 1868 and 1869 and was designed by a London-based architect, James Piers St. Aubyn, FRIBA, (1815-1895). The builder Oliver Escourt of Glouster signed the contract on 29th June 1868 and Mrs. Amphlett laid the foundation stone on 27th July 1868.
The Church was consecrated in 1869 and the ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1870.
There has been little change to the church since its construction. Charles Amphlett gave the stained glass east window in memory of his daughter Alice. The Reredos, designed by Arthur Lloyd Oswell, was added in 1923 and given by the Amphlett family in memory of their mother and two brothers.
The stained glass window on the south wall is by Kempe circa 1892. Other windows by Kempe include the west window and the smaller window in the chancel. The Bromsgrove Guild or Artists created the window on the north circa 1939.
The altar rails were installed in 1911 to commemorate the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in that year. The Rev. George L’Estranges Amphlett's family gave the lectern in his memory and the processional cross was given in memory of the Rev. Alexander Stodart, Vicar of this church 1914-1927. There is a simple war memorial on the north wall of the nave in memory of those from the parish who perished in the Great War of 1914-1918.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below