St James’s church is located on the south-west side of Wyesham Road at its junction with Wyesham Avenue, in a churchyard, and backing on to the village hall.

It was built in Decorated Gothic style in 1873-5 to designs of architect J.P.Seddon of Llandaff. The tower was completed in 1890 but since then there has been very little alteration of the building.

The church is built of purple snecked red sandstone with buff Forest of Dean stone dressings, walls battered below string course, and with steeply-pitched Welsh slate roofs. It comprises aisleless nave, chancel, vestry with hipped roof, and narrow three-stage saddle-back porch tower on the north-west.

Get in touch

Mrs. C. Morgan

54 Wyesham Road
Wyesham
Monmouth
NP25 3JR

Parish Communion

Occuring
Every Second, Fourth Sunday at for 1 hour
Venue
Wyesham: St James
Address
Wyesham Road, Wyesham Monmouth Hereford, NP25 3JR, GB