Church of England Diocese of Carlisle St. John's in the Vale and Wyburn

About Us

The present building dates from 1845 though there has been a church on the site for much longer. Although located in an isolated spot, the road which passes the church was once an important road, part of a track which leads from Matterdale over to Wanthwaite and on to the Naddle Valley. The church welcomes many visitors who happen on the church on their journey over High Rigg. The building conveys a warm atmosphere which is conducive to peace and prayer.